Already registered? Sign In New here? Sign Up

Civil Celebrants

Are you considering to get married in Hong Kong? Are you looking for an Civil Celebrant? Whether or not you choose to use our services, we would like to first congratulate you and wish you a happy marriage.

Since April 2006, the Hong Kong Government has permitted the celebrations of marriages to be conducted through a civil celebrant of Marriages that are qualified solicitors or notary public. 

Foreigners and local residents may register marriages in Hong Kong through lawyers acting as civil celebrant of marriages. This is equally legal and valid as being done by HK Government's Marriage Registry. 

An unmarried man and woman above the age of 16 may contract their marriage at anytime, at any place within Hong Kong other than the Marriage registry and some recognized churches. 

The advantage of getting married through a civil celebrant is that it is your choice what location your marriage is going to take place at, as well as the type of ceremony you prefer. Also, you can choose the venue according to the number of guests you have. If you don’t want the hassle of travelling from the registry to the reception, a marriage conducted by a civil celebrant will make it much easier. 

If you have already booked a date for your wedding date, you should make an appointment with a civil celebrant at least 3 months beforehand. Make sure that there is a written agreement between yourself and the civil celebrant stating the costs and terms of engagement of services. 

A civil celebrant generally charges $5,000 to $7,000. This includes conducting the ceremony, filing notice, preliminary paperwork and registry fees. However, if you are asking for out of normal office hours or somewhere outside their provided locations, the costs may be higher